Don's risk getting caught without tenants insurance. Enjoy peace of mind for under $2.00 per day,

What is Tenants Insurance and why do I need it?

It’s easy to think when you’re living in a rented property that your landlord will assume liability for your contents within their property, if something were to happen and they were damaged. But, it isn’t the case when it comes to your belongings. If a tenant’s items are damaged or stolen, a landlord’s insurance policy will not replace them, even if the loss could have been avoided.

Consider how much it would cost to replace your valuables. If you can, do a room-by-room assessment of your possessions to ensure your final evaluation is as accurate as possible. Don’t forget to include your clothing, shoes, jewellery, mobile phones, cameras, computers and silverware.

Tenants insurance can offer cost-effective cover that will help you get your life back on track as soon as possible with ‘new for old’ replacement on most items and protection inside and outside your rented home.

What sort of things might be covered under Tenants Insurance?

  • Accidental glass breakages cover, such as mirrors and fixed glass in furniture.
  • New for old replacement on most items if your contents are damaged or stolen.
  • Coverage for contents outside of your home.
  • Coverage for a wide range of natural disasters and other events.
  • Protection against theft or malicious damage to your contents, including vandalism.
  • Cover for damage caused by the bursting, leaking or overflow of water.
  • Contents in your home office – no need for a separate policy.
  • Add optional extras, including Electrical Motor Burnout cover and Portable Valuables cover.
  • Your legal liability for someone else’s death or bodily injury or for loss or damage to someone else’s property caused by an accident anywhere in Australia
  • Temporary accommodation for you and your pets if your rental property is unfit to live in due to loss or damage to the property or your contents
  • Spoilage of perishable food
  • Replacement of locks or key codes if your keys are stolen

As long as there are reasonable security measures in place, such as working locks, Tenants insurance provides protection for your contents against theft, or damage by fire, explosion, storm and flood to a an agreed total sum. In addition, your legal liability for incidents in which someone injures themselves on the property or suffers another loss (where you are found liable) is covered up to an agreed sum.